Features & Information
Injection moulded polypropylene filter housings in regular and large diameter, to suit a range of industry cartridges, applications and flow rates.
FAQs - Polypropylene Housings
Polypropylene filter housings are enclosures specifically designed to hold and protect filtration elements, such as filter cartridges, in a variety of liquid filtration systems. These housings are constructed from polypropylene, a thermoplastic material known for its excellent chemical resistance, durability, and affordability.
Polypropylene filter housings are used to facilitate the filtration of liquids by providing a secure housing for the chosen filter media. They come in different sizes and configurations to accommodate various flow rates and filtration needs.
Polypropylene filter housings offer several advantages:
- Chemical Resistance: polypropylene is highly resistant to a wide range of chemicals, acids, and solvents.
- Corrosion Resistance: polypropylene is not prone to corrosion, ensuring longevity and reliability.
- Lightweight and Durable: polypropylene is a lightweight yet robust material, making it easy to handle while maintaining structural integrity.
- Cost-Effective: polypropylene filter housings are more affordable compared to some alternative materials, offering a cost-effective solution.
- Easy to Clean: the smooth surface of polypropylene is easy to clean, preventing the buildup of contaminants on the housing’s interior.
Polypropylene filter housings are generally suitable for low to moderate pressure applications. While polypropylene is a durable material, it may have limitations when it comes to handling extremely high pressures. Users should refer to the product’s specifications to determine the maximum pressure rating for a specific polypropylene housing model. If high-pressure filtration is a requirement, it’s advisable to consider stainless steel housings designed to withstand elevated pressures.
If you can’t find the product you’re looking for in our vast range, there’s a chance that we offer bespoke production, an alternative solution or have it currently in development. Please don’t hesitate to contact us, we’ll be happy to discuss your specific requirements and help you find a suitable solution.