Features & Information
Experience crystal-clear water with SPECTRUM Reverse Osmosis systems. The ultimate in purification technology. Removes up to 98% of dissolved ions.
FAQs - Reverse Osmosis
A water purification process that uses a semi-permeable membrane to remove a wide range of contaminants from water. In a typical RO system, water is forced through the membrane under pressure, leaving behind dissolved solids, salts, and impurities.
The process works on the principle of selectively allowing only water molecules to pass through the membrane , while larger particles and most dissolved solids cannot pass through. The resultant purified water is called ‘permeate’, while ‘concentrate’ refers to the rejected water containing the concentrated impurities, which is usually disposed of. This may also be referred to as brine or waste.
Reverse osmosis is used in various applications, including:
- Residential Drinking Water: RO systems are commonly installed under sinks to provide households with clean and purified drinking water.
- Industrial Processes: RO is widely used in industries for boiler feed water, electronics manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage production, and more.
- Desalination: RO is a critical technology for converting seawater into fresh water for drinking and irrigation in regions facing water scarcity.
- Wastewater Treatment: RO can be used to treat certain types of wastewater and effluents, enabling the recovery of usable water and reducing environmental impact.
- Dialysis Treatment: RO is used in medical settings for purifying water used in dialysis machines for patients with kidney problems.
Reverse osmosis is one of the most effective water treatment methods, capable of removing a wide range of contaminants, including dissolved salts, heavy metals, bacteria, viruses, and other impurities. It can achieve a high level of purification and produce water of exceptional quality.
Compared to other methods like activated carbon filters or sediment filters, RO offers superior removal of dissolved substances and is particularly effective in desalination applications.
If you can’t find the product you’re looking for in our vast range, there’s a chance that we offer bespoke production, an alternative solution or have it currently in development. Please don’t hesitate to contact us, we’ll be happy to discuss your specific requirements and help you find a suitable solution.