- Cartridges are formed around a polypropylene core, with the polyester media secured by bonded vinyl plastisol end caps to ensure filter integrity
- An economic, versatile and high flow capacity pre-filter
- The large surface area of the Pleat² creates a filter with superior dirt holding capacity
- Available in large diameter 10″ and 20″ lengths for reduced cartridge changeout frequency
- General particulate removal for incoming water filtration
- Pre or final stage filtration
- High flow applications
- River water
Features & Information
With a resilient polyester media, tough polypropylene core and vinyl plastisol end-caps to eliminate the need for gaskets and maintain the integrity of the pleat pack, the SPECTRUM SPE is a sturdy, all-round choice for single-layer filtration requirements at an economical price.
FAQs - SPE
The resilient polyester media of the SPE means it is often found used in a variety of applications from borehole and river water to harsher chemicals.
Vinyl plastisol end caps are completely mouldable, eliminating the need for glues or binders and therefore enhancing the chemical compatibility of the SPE cartridge.
A pleated filter is a type of liquid filtration cartridge designed with pleats or folds on the filter media to increase the surface area for better filtration efficiency compared to spuns and wounds.
Pleated filters are used to remove suspended particulate. They are usually used to control finer particulate as a final stage of filtration where a specific contaminant is targeted for removal.