Inline 870 Granular Carbon (SCIG)
- The simplest and most economic filter configuration possible
- Requiring no housing, connecting inline with 1/4″ push fittings allows installation and change-out in seconds
- Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) removes chlorine contamination to improve taste and odour
- GAC has a structure that does not trap particulate hence the media is not prematurely blocked
- A 20 micron filter pad is used to remove particles for improved water clarity
- Light commercial
- Residential applications
Features & Information
The WRAS approved SPECTRUM Inline 870 range has been specifically designed to deliver protection at the point-of-use. Available in 10″ lengths with a 2″ diameter are offered as standard with ¼” quick connect fittings. The granular carbon matrix of the SCIG allows for some sediment trapping as well as treating the water to improve taste and odour.
FAQs - SCIG
The SCIG cartridge features an outer shell made of polypropylene, constructed through friction-welding. This design ensures a reliable no-leak seal without the use of glues or binding agents, enhancing durability and preventing leaks.
The SCIG cartridge utilises coconut shell and granular carbon media to adsorb and remove substances responsible for unpleasant tastes and odours in water.
Yes, inline water filter cartridges are generally easy to install. They often come with quick-connect fittings or adapters to fit standard water lines, making installation straightforward.
An inline water filter cartridge is a replaceable component designed to filter water as it flows through a water line. It is commonly used to improve the taste, odour, and quality of drinking water or to remove specific contaminants.