Premier Pleat Polypropylene (PPP)
- Superior media surface area of 0.6m² ensures superior flow and higher dirt-holding capacities of up to 50% more than some other industry comparable cartridges
- Sharp cut-off characteristics created by the superior media ensure dependable particle removal of the size required, therefore maximising filter life and application integrity
- FDA compliant media offering 11 micron sizes, 6 standard length options and 9 end cap choices, this range is versatile in its application suitability and capabilities
- Thermally-bonded ensuring no leaching of adhesives into the filter stream, particularly important for certain applications such as food and beverage
- Extensive chemical compatibility is achieved with all-polypropylene construction
- Pre or final stage filtration of general water applications
- Beverage applications requiring purification or clarification
- Hospitals where secure seals are required and cartridge integrity is important
- Chemical applications due to resistance of polypropylene
Features & Information
The flagship product of SPECTRUM’s portfolio, known globally for delivering certified high-quality reliability. Achieved by combining four pleated media layers to form a cartridge offering high efficiency, large surface area, low-pressure drop and exacting micron classification.
FAQs - PPP
The PPP comprises of four pleated media layers combining to construct a pleat pack with depth characteristics whilst the main filtration media layer delivers high efficiency and exacting micron classification. The caged construction delivers excellent flow dynamics and is designed to protect the integral pleat pack and provide overall rigidity and strength to the cartridge.
The caged construction delivers excellent flow dynamics and is designed to protect the integral pleat pack and provide overall rigidity and strength to the cartridge; as well as allowing a more uniform distribution of flow across the entire pleat pack ensuring low pressure drop and maximised dirt holding capacity and allowing for end caps to be thermally bonded to the cartridge.
A pleated filter is a type of liquid filtration cartridge designed with pleats or folds on the filter media to increase the surface area for better filtration efficiency compared to spuns and wounds.
Pleated filters are used to remove suspended particulate. They are usually used to control finer particulate as a final stage of filtration where a specific contaminant is targeted for removal.