FibreOnyx Chloramine Carbon Filter (PFBC)
- Chloramine and sediment reduction in one cartridge
- CTO reduction
- High dirt holding capacity
- 5μm rating removes need for pre-filters
- Lower pressure drop than Premier Carbon Block (PCB)
- Gaskets permanently moulded onto end-caps to prevent dislodging
- Residential drinking water in high chloramine dosage areas
- Breweries using yeast
- Bottling plants
Features & Information
Dual action design to target chloramine and sediment in one cartridge. 5 micron sediment removal eliminates need for pre-filtration stage.
FAQs - PFBC
Compared to the ‘Ultimate Chloramine Removal’ SPECTRUM PCB cartridge, the SPECTRUM PFBC offers a lower pressure drop and a higher dirt-holding capacity. These features make it ideal for dual-purpose applications where efficient chloramine removal and sediment filtration are essential.
Chloramine is a compound formed by combining chlorine and ammonia, globally used as a disinfectant by utility companies to kill bacteria and microorganisms. The benefit of using chloramine over chlorine to the utility company is the nonvolatile properties associated with chloramine, protecting consumers further down the supply line.
Due to the nonvolatile properties associated with chloramine it will not evaporate from your supply. This is particularly damaging in the following applications:
- Aquatics: Fish are extremely sensitive to chloramine, damage caused to gills and skin makes it fatal.
- Brewing: Chloramine and chlorine kills microbes such as yeast.
- Renal Dialysis: Destroys erythropoietin (EPO), a hormone that signals your bone marrow to make red blood cells.
- Stainless Steel: Chloramine causes pitting encouraging bacterial growth in crevices.
- Improved Taste and Odour: Removes unpleasant tastes and odours from water, making it more enjoyable to drink and cook with.
- Chlorine Removal: Highly effective at removing chlorine and its byproducts from water.
- Chemical Filtration: Reduces or removes various chemical contaminants from water.
- Adsorption of Contaminants: Activated carbon has a large surface area and porous structure, allowing it to effectively adsorb a wide range of impurities.
- Versatility: Used in a variety of applications, including residential, commercial, and industrial settings.
- Cost-Effective Solution: Carbon filters offer a cost-effective filtration solution compared to other complex filtration technologies.