Carbon Block (CB)
- Entry level, most economic carbon block in the range
- For use where cost is the primary consideration over chlorine capacity and lifespan
- Giving a dependable alternative to an array of inferior imports
- Industrial batch processes
- Dye, solvent and detergent reduction
Features & Information
Entry level, most economic carbon block in the range.
FAQs - CB
Refers to the distinctive flavour and smell associated with chlorine in water. Chlorine is commonly used as a disinfectant in water treatment processes to kill bacteria, viruses, and other harmful microorganisms. While chlorine is effective in reducing waterborne pathogens it can leave a residual taste (often described as a bleach-like or chemical flavour) and odour in the treated water.
Removing chlorine from water is often desired for several reasons:
- Taste and Odour: chlorine causes an unpleasant taste and odour in water.
- Beverage and Food Quality: natural flavours and characteristics are compromised by the presence of chlorine, specifically yeast.
- Cosmetic and Aesthetics: Chlorine can strip the natural oils from the skin and hair, leading to dryness and potential damage.
- Disinfection Byproducts: Chlorine can react with naturally occurring organic matter in water, forming disinfection byproducts such as trihalomethane and halo-acetic acids. Long-term exposure has been associated with potential health risks, such as cancer.
The SPECTRUM CB cartridge offers moderate chlorine reduction efficiency when compared to other cartridges in the SPECTRUM product line. It compromises somewhat on chlorine reduction levels in order to prioritise cost-effectiveness.
The SPECTRUM CB cartridge is a specialised filtration cartridge designed for industrial batch process applications in which cost effectiveness is of paramount concern.